Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Observations - 10 May

- This week's proof the Murphy lives:
These are the things that broke on me in the last week:
1) Toilet broke
2) Check engine light
3) iphone froze
4) Lawnmower doesn't run
When it rains, ir pours...

- Fixed the toilet (easy), car going into my mechanic (it needs to get checked for a drive to Alaska this summer), sent phone back to Apple, gotta take mower in. sheesh.

- The iphone was the worst. I am back to using a monochrome phone with no camera, wireless, or games. It's quite humbling. I tell people I feel like Clark Kent in Superman II when he gives up his powers to become human. That's me. I am no longer Superman.

- Why Manny, why? Baseball is the new cycling. You wonder if there is anyone that is clean. The only difference is that baseball's testing system is a joke.

- Welcome back thunderstorms. I love them. Except that it postpones important track meets.

Crush of the Week:
Dot Case adopted me when I started as a teacher at North Henderson. She's always fought for me, supported me and fed me(she brought me brownies and banana pudding last week). She's taught hundreds of students over the last 39 years of education. This year, she's North Henderson's Teacher of the Year. In addition, she was also selected this week as Henderson County's Teacher of the Year.
Mrs. Case is truly one of the most inspiring and amazing people I know. I wish Brett Farve would either retire or commit to play. I understand his plight. He doesn't know what to do if he's not Brett Frave, pro football player. Ms. Case could have retired a decade ago. She loves the kids. She wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't Dot Case, educator extraordinaire.

Times News Article
Dot Case Interview in my Blog

There are 22 schools in Henderson County. Each year, every school chooses it's Teacher of the Year, from which the County Teacher of the Year is selected. With Mary Lou West, Rachel Durant and now Ms Case, North Henderson has had 3 of the last 4 Henderson County Teachers of the Year. Yes, more evidence that I work in the best school ever.

No comments: