Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mood Swings

This morning, I just happened to check my checking account online and had a transaction dated 5/13 (today), that I know I could not have made. It was:

Amino Skin Care $56.38

You may not know this, but I am not much of a skin care product consumer. I buy lotion, some face cleanser and cortisone or benadryl if I get poison ivy.

Today, I stop for gas because the light on my Ducati comes on. Card denied. I have to use American Express. Dinner with wrestlers. Card denied. Pay cash.

I call my bank. my card had a restriction because of the transaction with above skin care company. Apparently, I had been compromised somewhere. I am getting an affidavit in mail to sign that I did not make the transaction, a credit to my account and a new check card. But I feel so violated that it put me in a down mood.

Then I go over to sportsillustrated.com and see this article and my melancholy and feeling of betrayal turns to jubilation and instant joy:

Taylor to rejoin Dolphins for 1 year, $1.5 million

Jason Taylor, the prodigal son, is coming home. After a year with the Redskins, the Pro Bowl defensive end is coming back to the team that let him go a year ago. He was courted by the Patriots and I remember two days ago trying to decide how I was going to cope with Jason Taylor in a Patriots uniform. Now I don't have to. He took less money, less wealth, and comes back to where he wants to be and where his family (literal family as well as Bill Parcells, teammates and the city of Miami) want him to be.

For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
Luke 15:24

Seriously, this news made my day. My spirit was lifted. I was singing and dancing. I am utterly thrilled... until I go to pay for food tomorrow and realize I have no cash and no bank card. DOH!

No comments: