Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here we go again

It's dark outside. According to weather.com, sunset was at 5:35 this evening. I looked out and I believe the sun went down closer to 5:45. Nevertheless, daylight savings is over. Much to my chagrin, the sun is going to set earlier and my days are shorter. According to the comments to this post, Em says she hates waking up in the dark. Kate mostly agrees.

I like Daylight Savings Time because I like to play. I don't play in the morning. I play in the afternoons. The sun going down earlier means that I have less time to play. That's less time to ride my bike, play frisbee, hike and golf.

I tell people that I could live in Alaska despite the cold. While uncomfortable, that would not bother me that much. It's the dark that would get to me; the absence of daylight in the winters. I need the light. And though I incessantly seek the light, it is the light that searches and finds me.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


"Baby, baby, baby, light my way"

1 comment:

dw said...

"Only love can conquer hate."
-Mohandis Ghandi