Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog Hibernation

My last post was Sept 21. Wow. Where has the fall gone? And why am I captain of "Team Blog Suck"?

For what they are worth, here are my excuses:

1) I've been super busy. Yes, that's tired and used, but I feel like I have been working harder as a teacher this year than any year since my first. Classes are the same, but the students are different. I don't have bad kids; I have kids that drain me emotionally. They are students that have many academic, social, emotional and developmental needs. Awesome, sweet kids-- but they are physically and emotionally draining. Unbelievably tiring, each day I am just exhausted.

2) I have not been feeling very artistic and original. I've had great ideas and subjects for blogs, just have not seemed like I could put words to these ideas. Writer's block if you want to call it.

That being said, Monday, November 1 is the beginning of wrestling season. My life becomes consumed by my role as coach. This blog may disappear. I hope not, but I am in a real funky, fluid and flaky place in my life right now. I may or may not be figuring it all out. Just when I think I know the answer, I am proved wrong. When things are dysfunctional in my mind, clarity emerges somehow.

No comments: