Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Observations - Dec 28

Sunday Observations took a week off last week. Between the Myers wedding and leaving for a wrestling tournament on Monday, it was just too much. But here are my observations over the last two weeks:

- Christmas is here and gone. Great to see family. Glad it's over. Best presents? A Where's Waldo book and a nice, fluffy pillow.

- I read O. Henry's Gift of the Magi on Christmas Day because it was printed in the Citizen-Times. I'd forgotten what a great story that is. Worth reading every Christmas. As far as secular stuff for Christmas, I would read Gift of the Magi, listen to the Chipmunk's Christmas song and watch Charlie Brown Christmas every year.

She got out her curling irons and lighted the gas and went to work repairing the ravages made by generosity added to love. Which is always a tremendous task, dear friends--a mammoth task.


- Have you seen the Charles Barkley/Yao Ming commercial for T-Mobile? I love Charles Barkley. I don't always agree with Chuck, but he makes me laugh and he says what's on his mind. Good stuff.
"Eat the head!"

- How about them Dolphins? 1-15 a year ago, 11-5 and AFC East Champs this year. Lots of kudos go to Bill Parcels, Tony Sporano, and Dan Henning. Also Jake Long, Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter. But the best thing to happen to Miami was Brett Favre coming out of retirement. His signing with the Jets allowed Chad Pennington to come to Miami and Chad has been the difference. How he's not a Pro Bowler is beyond me.

Crush of the Week:
Jeff Myers was one of my college roommates and one of my favorite people. He finally got married last weekend and I was fortunate enough to be part of the wedding. We've shared a lot of laughs, camping trips and bike rides. Now, Jennifer gets to share some of the adventures with us. Congratulations to two wonderful people. Best wishes and much happiness in your new life.

No comments: