1. The process of mummification was connected to the Egyptian belief in
c. an afterlife.
d. multiple gods.2. The main result of the domestication of animals was that humans
a. were safer during a hunt.
b. were able to hunt more efficiently.
c. could use animals to pull carts and wagons.
d. had a ready supply of meat and animal products.
3. What was true of the Mongol Empire?
a. The Mongol Empire treated all conquered peoples humanely.
b. Mongols refused to adopt aspects of the cultures they conquered.
c. The Mongol Empire was the largest unified land empire in history.
d. Mongols forced conquered peoples to convert to their religion.
4. Where in the Americas did Christopher Columbus land first?
a. an island in the Caribbean Sea
b. the southern tip of South America
c. the coast of what is today Panama
d. the eastern coast of North America
5. What happened on July 14, Bastille Day?
a. Robespierre was executed by guillotine.
b. French women marched all the way to Versailles.
c. A mob stormed a prison looking for gunpowder.
d. All of the above are true.
6. What were the Fourteen Points?
a. parts of the "war guilt" clause
b. a plan for the postwar world
c. the constitution of the League of Nations
d. the terms of surrender offered to Germany
7. In 1939, Adolf Hitler signed a non-aggression pact with which country?
b. Soviet Union
8. How can you best summarize the trends in technology and innovation over the last 100 years?
a. Technology and employment has become more automated due to computers
b. People have to work harder because there are more machines to operate
c. People do not need much education because machines do everything
d. Technology has only affected industry, not regular people and their daily lives.
9. Which of the following nations would be considered an archipelago?
d. Saudi Arabia
10. What came out of the blown BP well in the Gulf of Mexico this past summer?
d. ice cream
Answers: 1-c; 2-d; 3-c; 4-a; 5-c; 6-b; 7-b; 8-a; 9-a; 10-b
How'd you do?